darling, your geek is showing...

8.8.05

I have to continually come to terms with the fact that I have a rather difficult personality. I am fiercely opinionated, highly sarcastic, highly sensitive, and a needy feedback junkie. Add to that my odd memory retention, obscure references and interests... well let's just say that I am often described as odd or different. Add to that my excess of geek and it is relatively simple to understand why I don't have men tossing down their coats over puddles so that I can cross without getting my pretty pink shoes wet.

oh well... I celebrate my geekness. I am quite content with my level of sheer excitement about all things flickr. Like this interview with Flickr's Eric Costello... I mean I wrote a research paper about Flickr and Social Networks... I think it's only natural that I be more than a little interested to learn more about the fabulousness that is flickr.

My sisters and I used to recreate scenes from Fiddler on the Roof... most famously when the oldest daughters are hanging out the laundry and singing about Yente the matchmaker (now, we always argued about this but my oldest sister was never involved in these role selections) so going by age and physical characteristics F. would be Tzeital who marries Motel the Taylor, I was Hodel who got involved with Perchik the Communist, and A. would be Chava who gets involved with Fyedka and then has to be excommunicated. But I'm getting off track... my father is not a milkman and there are no communists coming through town offering to give lessons to my siblings. So, to end this post filled to the brim of obscure references I ask, Where is Yente the matchmaker when I need her?

ladies... sing us to sleep...

Matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match.
Find me a find, catch me a catch.
Matchmaker, matchmaker, look through your book
And make me a perfect match.



0 comments