hot keys

13.10.05

I have been trying out Google Reader recently, comparing it to Bloglines. Both are web based rss readers, which I like because both are free and when I was spending a lot of time switching from computer to computer at school, I always had access to my feeds. It's interesting to see the threat that Google Reader posed on bloglines, because following suit with google they have finally introduced keyboard shortcuts into Bloglines. Bloglines is nice because it pairs all related feeds together in a combined list view and you can navigate between individual articles in a list, but it doesn't update it's feeds nearly enough. Google does not have a combined view, but it updates feeds much quicker than bloglines. For the meantime I'm running both... which is easy enough to do thanks to the new keyboard shortcuts... and I'm watching to see how both Bloglines and Google Reader continue to compete.

I'm such a geek...

0 comments