civil disobedience

12.10.05


on strike
Originally uploaded by *raffaella.
the strike continues... unfortunately for all parties involved, for the longer the strike continues the situation for teachers seems to get worse. On Thursday the BCTF is expected back in court to receive the ruling of the fine for being found in contempt of court. It's a nasty situation... it really seems like there is no solution except to stop voting for parties who have leaders who lie. But we never seem to learn from our mistakes, how else could you explain how the Liberals were voted back in?

I'm helping out on the picket lines tomorrow, to hand out leaflets about my union's position of support for the BCTF. There is a lot of confusion surrounding the strike right now... I'm glad that the union is trying to alleviate some of the confusion. It gives me something to do in the morning anyhow. I'll feel wanted.

0 comments