valentine's in retrospect...

15.2.05




Spring is like a perhaps hand
(which comes carefully
out of Nowhere)arranging
a window,into which people look(while
people stare
arranging and changing placing
carefully there a strange
thing and a known thing here)and

changing everything carefully

spring is like a perhaps
Hand in a window
(carefully to
and fro moving New and
Old things,while
people stare carefully
moving a perhaps
fraction of flower here placing
an inch of air there)and

without breaking anything.

ee cummings


Even if you were to look carefully there is no way that you could have known that both of my achilles tendons were pulled when this photograph was taken. Why was I such a fool to hike the Juan de Fuca Trail when I was in such pain? Blame it on the fact that three years ago (when this photo was taken) I was a foolish little girl willing to overlook her own pain in order to please a boy who wasn't worth it. He was quite a cad in fact (and by cad I mean
a man who acts with deliberate disregard for another's feelings or rights). I thought it was fitting to share this as valentine's day was yesterday... and this is valentine's in retrospect... I have no warm and commercialized tales to tell of some fabulous romantic gesture... so instead I share my memory of bursitis and mystic beach. What else can I say but love hurts...


bur·si·tis (br-sts)
n.
Inflammation of a bursa

bur·sa (bûrs)
n. pl. bur·sae (-s) or bur·sas
A sac or saclike bodily cavity, especially one containing a viscous lubricating fluid and located between a tendon and a bone or at points of friction between moving structures.


0 comments