play your cards right and all this could be yours...

8.5.06

I'm lying of course.

I was asked today if I would be available to be the photographer at a wedding this summer. The wedding will be in August so I will have moved by then... but if my rates are agreed to then I will most definitely return for the weekend. I would like the opportunity to shoot another wedding... to add both to my experience and to my portfolio. It would be nice to have another photographer to shoot with... but I think there will be another photographer there, a friend of the family who will just be taking shots casually. After work I was showing some of the photos I've taken to the bride and some of my coworkers gathered round to see what all the commotion was about (I think it was because they heard someone ask, "Is that a naked man?"). While we were looking through the photos my ego was sufficiently plumped up by all their comments. One person even asked me if photography was my day job. I had to laugh... because it is anything but.

So now I have some more work to do. I have to go over my weddings price list again and see if there are any options I want to add or change. I might wait until after my photoshoot this weekend though. Let's focus on one thing at a time... after all, I have to print off my model releases this time.

0 comments