vanity unfair...

1.2.06

the heart conceals secrets... the mirror does not


I had this beautiful plan tonight to go to bed early, but my mind and body seem to be in disagreement all of a sudden. Neither seem to agree what really should be done.

Tonight I realized how much time there is until June. I have many long weeks to pass with my few hours of work and my various vanity projects. But at least these things are keeping me relatively happy as I like my job and I'm passionate about photography. Not a bad mix.

and I've been in a poetic mood of late... having been introduced some poets that I was unaware of until very recently. Here's some verse to ponder.

Passion makes the old medicine new:
Passion lops off the bough of weariness.
Passion is the elixir that renews:
how can there be weariness
when passion is present?
Oh, don't sigh heavily from fatigue:
seek passion, seek passion, seek passion!


[Jalal Al-din Rumi]


bon nuit.

0 comments