creative archives...

9.9.05

I came across this through the wonder of RSS a few days ago, but I didn't get around to checking it out until now. My response time was delayed simply because I am not a resident of the UK, therefore this service is not available to me. I wonder if (or rather how soon) this type of service will be available in North America...


The BBC, the bfi, Channel 4 and the Open University set up the Creative Archive Licence Group to make their content available for download under the terms of the Creative Archive Licence.
Unless you're in the UK you are not able to download any of the video clips available, but you can see the list and descriptions of what is available. I'm very impressed... just think of the quality of presentations that a person might be able to create using all the various multimedia tools that many of us have access to (and I'm not thinking "pp" the hideous program that cannot be named). When I think about the many lectures that I have attended, possibly the most effective lectures have been conducted with a really articulate instructor who used transparencies and the overhead projector rather than the program that I refuse to name. I will admit that in the past I have had to do my share of presentations that incorporated that program throughout... but my excuse will be that I had limited handouts... so I threw the statistical info up on the screen and any interested parties came to me afterwards to collect it. But I digress... the new creative archive license group definitely won't revolutionize instruction or presentations by any means... but perhaps it will - get this - allow for more creative presentations.

Creative Archive License Group
BBC - Radio 1 Superstar VJS

0 comments