I've got a golden twinkle in my eye

9.6.09

After turning down an invitation to go to Hawrelak Park for a little bbq because I had some freelance work to do, I caved and went for a walk, albeit a shortened one. On the way to the High Level I saw a 40ish year old man learning to ride a bike (either that or he was drunk), on the bridge a woman whizzed by on roller skates wearing knee high socks and massive knee pads. She looked like she was on her way home from roller derby. On my way back across the bridge the world's oldest rollerblader flew past in the opposite direction. He was very stylish and was even wearing a tie-dyed bandana, folded and wrapped around his head like the Karate Kid. He had to be at least 70. I saw him yesterday as well. His outfit last time was definitely more neon and matched his bandana. Finally, as I passed the First Baptist Church on 109th a fellow who looked like Slugworth from Willy Wonka strolled past me with a briefcase. The resemblance was uncanny. The glasses, the suit, the greedy look in his eyes. I searched frantically for Charlie and his golden ticket, but he was nowhere to be found.

That is all. I'm back now and must get some work done before I go to bed.

0 comments