directionless...

10.9.07


song of the open road... © Raffaella Loro

I've been self censoring my blog for months now and I don't know how to overcome it. I'm all too aware of my public presence (not that anyone really reads this blog) and I've been worrying about how what I write might be construed by curious coworkers or facebook lurkers who stumble upon my blog. It's interesting... when I first started this blog I really wanted to increase my audience, but I still wanted my audience to be anonymous. I toyed with the idea of starting up a blog that is not linked to my public profile... but I think that I should be accountable for what I put online.

I enjoy working through issues by talking or writing... one of my biggest challenges that I face when dealing with self-censorship is that I feel stifled. Instead of being able to work through things that are bothering me (in writing which I often find to be most cathartic) I end up stewing over things endlessly in my head. How to overcome this I am unsure. It will work itself out eventually.

I deliberately didn't read about the 40D when it was released. However, I couldn't help but be sucked in when I started researching other camera equipment recently. Now I'm in lust for this new and improved Canon. It's more than a little out of my reach though... Instead I'm debating about buying a small camera that I can carry with me everywhere, or getting the 10-22mm. I must think about this more... and read some more reviews.

0 comments