in absentia...

13.1.07

From time to time I will confirm my status as an anti-socialite. For example, tonight there is a party going on in the next room and as card playing is taking place I am making myself scarce. Cards are certainly not my thing and if that means I have to be a snob in order to avoid them I will.

But my avoidance of cards is hardly the most pressing matter on my mind at the moment. There are big things on the horizon... Aryn and I have jointly purchased a condo and we will be moving from our current rental location to our own personal property (or as many people like to remind me, really the property of the bank) in a few months. We are not moving far, only a couple blocks from our current apartment, so the transition will not be that drastic. We'll both still be within easy walking distance of work and all amenities allowing us to continue to live the life of glorified pedestrians. I'm quite excited about the prospect of living in a space that belongs to me as I won't have to face quite as much challenge when I propose minor decor improvements. I meant to take some photos of the exterior of the building today, but when I did venture out of the house I went in the opposite direction of the new building.

I tend to get very few comments on my blog, but then I don't advertise it very much and I don't discuss items that are of particular importance or interest to the general public. I do not follow the cardinal rule of some blogging purists, which of course is to post interesting links and not clutter valuable web space with inconsequential musings of a personal nature. When I do get comments however, they tend to be of a little more unusual than would be expected. Here are some examples...

"Hi from Ulaan Bator, it's M.C. Fujimoto in the house...i like your subtle pun "spritely". It reminds me of the wordplay common in the conversations of the Mozambicans."
this is just an excerpt of one particularly detailed one.
"Hey Fella,

There is a way to verify the truth...

There's a bit more to the story of the Vatican's reaction than most are yet aware of. Read my missive below to understand what they truly fear. It's not the DaVinci Code or Gospel of Judas per se, but the fact that people have been motivated to seek out the unequivocal truth about an age of deception, exactly when they expect me to appear. The Gospel of Judas and DaVinci Code controversies are allowing people to take new stock of the Vatican and the religions it has spawned."
and more recently, my conscience has started to leave comments...
my conscience said...

"you should quit your job and pursue photography full time - it will be terrifying and exciting at the same time. isn't that what life should be like?"
my conscience said...

"I am such a good photographer I should just quit this dumb job and throw everything into it. I should move to New York, put together a beautiful portfolio, meet art/creative directors, convince a SoHo gallery to show my work, get published in the New Tork Times magazine and live the life I dream about."
Now isn't that interesting, just when I was wondering where my conscience had gone to it sent me a message through my blog. This proves that the internet has replaced my soul. My moral guidance is linked to me through a liquid crystal display and fiber optic cable.

Yes i love technology
But not as much as you, you see
But i still love technology
Always and Forever

0 comments