heat can't escape but thoughts can...

3.12.07


shedir © Raffaella Loro

I've been told that it's going to be the coldest winter in fifteen years. When I look out the window and see the flurry of snowflakes swirling every which direction... and I think how my legs were chapped and raw this weekend despite multiple layers... I believe it.

I've been knitting up a storm for the past month. I challenged myself to make the majority of my Christmas gifts and I have finished the majority of my projects. I'll admit that I'm a bit knit-out at the moment. Yesterday I finished the toque pictured above... one of the more complicated patterns that I have ever attempted, my second cabling project. Although I had to modify the pattern on the crown (I couldn't figure out the decreasing properly plus the toque was getting too long), I'm really impressed with my handiwork. I came across this pattern a few years ago, but I wasn't confident enough in my knitting ability to tackle it. I don't know what has changed recently, maybe it was the drive to make all these Christmas presents and not wanting to knit the same thing over and over. I'm a bit at a loss for what to attempt next though. I think I might try to do some sort of fair isle pattern, after Christmas of course.

I wish I had brought my camera to work today. The view of snowy downtown from my window is pretty cool. Although I doubt I could convince the people on my floor to turn off the fluorescents for awhile. I don't know how I'd deal with the reflection on the windows.

0 comments