lure of the siren

29.7.05

some minor adjustment to some song lyrics and here's my Friday night.

Another Friday night and I ain't got nobody
I've got no money 'cause I just got fired.
Now, how I wish I had someone to talk to
I'm in an awful way

I shouldn't lie... things aren't awful. I have a new bedroom that is certain not to be finished until I get back from Victoria, I have simply too much stuff and not enough shelves on which to display all that stuff (mainly, my book collection). The lack of shelving is awful, but my general mood is pretty good. This most stems most likely from the rather leisurely day I spent avoiding my problems reading one of my favourite childhood books "The Westing Game" by Ellen Raskin, which won the 1979 Newberry Medal. I think I first read this book in grade 3 and I absolutely loved it. W. and I were discussing the merits and flaws of Harry Potter on the way to HH the other day and I found myself just raving about how marvelous I always found The Westing Game, so when I came across it while moving my stack of books I knew it wouldn't be long until I reread it. And read it again I did... while laying out in the sun with a lovely breeze that kept me from getting too hot. Could I have been doing hard labour instead... perhaps, if I had sandpaper to complete my other furniture refinishing project. But the lack of sandpaper limited my activities... and seeing that the washing machine was in use and that I felt like being in the sun rather than the dark depths of the basement, well that made up my mind for me.

point, point... do I have a point or purpose for this blog post? Sorry to disappoint, but it's Friday night and I aint got nobody, so waste time I must doing idle computer things.

0 comments