poetic state thrust upon us...

2.11.04

Because I am in a poetic mood I will share with you some poems, but not of my own composition because my own attempts at poetry are weak.

my mind is
a big hunk of irrevocable nothing which touch and taste and smell
and hearing and sight keep hitting and chipping with sharp fatal
tools
in an agony of sensual chisels i perform squirms of chrome and ex
- ecute strides of cobalt
nevertheless i
feel that i am cleverly being altered that i slightly am becoming
something a little different, in fact
myself
Hereupon helpless i utter lilac shrieks and scarlet bellowings

and here's another


love is more thicker than forget
more thinner than recall
more seldom than a wave is wet
more frequent than to fail

it is most mad and moonly
and less it shall unbe
than all the sea which only
is deeper than the sea

love is less always than to win
less never than alive
less bigger than the least begin
less littler than forgive

it is most sane and sunly
and more it cannot die
than all the sky which only
is higher than the sky


both poems are by
ee cummings


Lovely stuff. Slightly obscure but still wonderful.

0 comments