ring in the Chinese New Year

20.2.07


winners' circle... © Raffaella Loro

It's the Year of the Pig, but I thought I might remember 1982 and revisit the Year of the Dog.

People born in the Year of the Dog possess the best traits of human nature. They have a deep sense of loyalty, are honest, and inspire other people's confidence because they know how to keep secrets. But Dog People are somewhat selfish, terribly stubborn, and eccentric. They care little for wealth, yet somehow always seem to have money. They can be cold emotionally and sometimes distant at parties. They can find fault with many things and are noted for their sharp tongues. Dog people make good leaders. They are compatible with those born in the Years of the Horse, Tiger, and Rabbit.

--Year of the Dog

I'd forgotten how when I lived by myself I rarely cooked anything spectacular except when I had company over. Although I am not the primary chef in my current household (duties are shared on a random schedule) I have been a bit more inspired to cook multiple pot/pan meals. However, having been left to my own devices for 10 days or so... (approx. day 5) I haven't felt the desire to make anything. Over the weekend I finished off the leftovers in the fridge... and today I ransacked the cupboard for something that I might find moderately appetizing for lunch. I was disappointed to find only tomato soup. At lunch I was reminded why that particular type of soup was not a good choice. I detest plain tomato soup. I was hoping that the addition of rice would be enough of a change for me, but unfortunately it was not. Needless to say I'm quite famished right now.

In other news, I entered a photo contest a while back and two of my photos placed in the top ten (I entered four), one received a honourable mention denoted with a gold sticker. My photos are on display at City Hall until February 28th. I visited the display on Saturday and in honour of my achievement, took some photos of my photos. If you're in Edmonton, make sure to make a visit to City Hall before the display comes down.

0 comments